Sunday, June 12, 2005

Mission #100 - Cook a New Food

Mission #100 - Cook a New Food (50pts)

For Travis' 21st birthday, instead of getting him a present, I made him a cake since I'm poor like that. But honestly, I think the cake has added to my poverty level... but that is besides the point because everyone loved the cake. :D On top of making this new cake for 50pts, I get 50pts for each person that ate it... so... it was Travis, Curly, Kuffs, Bryant, Matt, Jimmie, Brandon, Nicole (a friend of Bryant and Travis), Nicole's friend I don't know, John, and Tom... (I ate piece #12 out of the pan.. I can't count me :( )

50 pts for cooking it
550 for people other than me eating it
thats.. 600 pts :D

Anyway... the recipe:

Kahlua Cake
1 pkg. chocolate cake mix
1/2 to 1 c. kahlua
2 pkgs. dark chocolate pudding
6 Heath or Skor bars (frozen)
1 lg. or 2 sm. Cool Whip

Mix and bake according to the directions. Then layer 1/2 cake, 1/2 kahlua, 1/2 pudding mix, 1/2 Cool Whip, break up 3 candy bars. Put into a glass bowl. Then repeat for second layer. Best if it's done 1 or 2 days before you serve it.


This cake was super easy to make. I mean, first of all... cake mix. But then the frosting was very easy to make as well. Just mix the cool whip with the kahlua and the pudding powder and heath bars... The hardest part was probably cutting the cake to have it be two layers. I used the thread method... and other than the fact the top piece broke into fourths while trying to put it on the first layer with frosting, it wasn't all that hard either. I do need to get a spatula sometime in the future if I'm going to make anything that needs to be spread like that again though :D Regardless, it had rave reviews, and Nicole said that if she gets married I have to make her cake (woo I'll get paid! haha). Matt was like "wait, what is in this, my tongue is a little tingly..." which was from the kahlua, but honestly its not enough to get anyone drunk, no worries on this. I'm calling this one a success.


I was going to get a picture before it got eaten, but it simply went that fast... this was all that was left...

1 Comments:

At 1:57 PM, Blogger Big Red said...

Next time you do anything relating to Kahlua, let me know. I'll chip in.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home