Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Sit down... I've got a little story.

Come, sit down, and enjoy this interesting little story.

So, a long time ago, okay, four years ago, I went with my friend Andy M. to a Collective Soul concert in Wichita. There was a band that opened for them named "pete." (hence the nickname I often get called by some) After being in the front row of the show, and running into their road manager, I got the hookup to help with promotions with them. Several months later, they played a show in KC (Johnny Dare's Birthday Bash), and I got to walk around and hand out stickers and postcards and this is when the bandaid-dom of Amber began. I worked a few more shows for pete., one happening to be the next year, with a band that some people may recognize as Bliss 66. I began posting on their board and chatting with some of their fans. I met a guy from their board named Michael. We've chatted off and on for a long time now.

Fast forward about 2 and a half years... or just say.. 15 minutes ago. I was at myspace.com checking out some bulletins, where I read a new post from Eric Skelton, who was looking for promopeople. Granted, he's mainly in the southeast... so its not like I could really help out. If you've never heard of him, check out his profile and a couple songs at the myspace profile he maintains. Sounds a little like Pete Yorn/Jack Johnson-y. Anyway in his bulletin he was talking about needing people to help promote and such, as well as his new publicist... and gave his contact info.

*starts humming Its a Small World After All*

Its none other than my friend Michael. I'm glad he's got some work heading his way with Eric, because he's done work with a number of groups (including working for Sony)... but has been searching for a bit as his last group broke up. That is so weird though that I randomly clicked on the bulletin to read what was up, and found that.

Okay, you all can go back to bed now. I know I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home