Monday, August 01, 2005

Mission #26: Watch a complete anime series. (altered) - Firefly

Mission #26: Watch a complete anime series. (500pts) (altered)

Okay. I cannot stand anime... and since this is MY summer (not yours, mine!)... I'm changing up this to be "The series must have at least 12 episodes in it. I must start and finish the series in less than three days. For every full day less that I complete the series in I get 100 bonus points.(So if I watch the series in one day it is worth 700 points)."

I also watched Fox's short-lived (more like murdered) series Firefly, a futuristic show about space travel and cowboys. Seriously you'll just have to watch the show to understand. There were a good mix of characters, and plot lines that you actually had to watch to understand. I actually had to re-watch two episodes because I wasn't paying enough attention and couldn't figure out what I was watching.

Fox butchered the series and ran them out of the order intended. They literally ran them ep 1.. 2...3.. when it was really supposed to be in this order (they are in this order on the DVD set, but if you download them, this is the order)
Serenity (parts 1 & 2)
The Train Job
Bushwhacked
Shindig
Safe
Our Mrs. Reynolds
Jaynestown
Out of Gas
Ariel
War Stories
Trash
The Message
Heart of Gold
Objects in Space

Anyway.. it was brought back to the Sci-Fi network this summer.. in anticipation for the movie coming out in late... September I do believe. Anyway though there is a rather large jump from the show to the movie, apparently there is a comic book series that fills in the gaps. *shrugs*

It took me all 3 days to watch. *sigh*
500 pts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home