Sunday, August 07, 2005

Mission #100 - Cook a New Food

Mission #100 - Cook a New Food (50 pts)

So I made my famous chocolate chip cookies for The Famed, however knowing that some of the guys are vegetarian/vegan, I tried a new recipe (Sorry Groebe, no PB cookies this time.) I made a few modifications to the recipe, but I think they turned out pretty good.

For the nonvegans out there... these would be tasty for breakfast with a glass of milk, I do believe. These are also almost fat free at 0.3g of fat per cookie.

Applesauce Oatmeal Cookies

3 c. oatmeal
1 c. whole wheat flour (or 2 c. oatmeal and 2 c. whole wheat flour,
whatever combination you want)
1 t. soda
1/4 t. nutmeg
1 c. unsweetened applesauce
1 c. sugar (or less)
1 t. vanilla
2/3 c. raisins or dried apples or dried cranberries

Combine the oatmeal, flour, soda and nutmeg. Mix the applesauce, sugar and vanilla and add to the dry ingredients. Stir in the dried fruit. Roll in small balls and smash to 1/4 " thickness on the cookie sheet. Bake at 275 degrees for 22-25 minutes. Makes about 50 cookies

I cooked mine for about 20 minutes and they were browning nicely already. I used dried apples that I chopped up finely. After making the cookies, they stayed soft in a ziploc.


Making the cookies: 50 pts
50 pts per person eating the new food: 50 x 5 = 250 (Groebe, Bryan, Justin, Dave, and Wes)
Total points: 300

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home